If you want to get more information about the UK work visa and its details, you are on the right article.
Did you know that the average salary in the UK is around 33,049 USD and 18% of the UK workforce is foreign nationals? Do you want to be a part of this 18% and increase your income by getting a UK work visa?England is one of the countries that has a low unemployment rate and tries to supply its workforce from abroad with various jobs. So that by using this position, you will not only get the best job position and income, but you will build a prosperous life in this country for yourself and your family.
Of course, note that immigration to England has very different conditions compared to the past. The requirement to immigrate to this country to find a job and a good income is to get a work visa. Therefore, before any action, you should learn about the types of UK work visas, how to get them, and the necessary documents for this work.
What you need to know about work and UK work visa!
Today, based on research, it has been proven that the average salary in the UK is even higher than the average salary in the OECD. Because the average salary in the OECD is estimated at 30,490 US dollars. In addition, you should know that England is one of the countries that has a low unemployment rate, many different job positions, and good incomes, especially for foreigners.
Because almost 75% of people who have the age and ability to work are working in this country. In addition, about 13.7% of the country’s population are foreigners, who provide 18% of its workforce.
According to these statistics, it can be said that there are not only job positions for foreigners in the UK but also good positions with high incomes can be found with a UK work visa. As day by day, more people from all over the world immigrate to this country to work in England.
If you are also tempted to develop your work and life in this country by knowing these points, you should pay attention to two important points:
- To work and continue to live and even stay in England, you must get a work visa that suits your conditions;
- In order to get a UK work visa, in most cases, you must have received a job offer from one of the reputable organizations in this country.
So first try to get a good job offer in England using your educational qualifications, skills, and job position in your country, and then apply for a work visa. This country has different work visas that have different conditions, procedures, required documents, and costs, and we will discuss them in detail below
What are the types of UK work visa?
England is one of the countries that offers different types of work visas to foreign applicants. So that the work visas of this country are divided into three main categories, including short-term, long-term, and visa for starting a business, entrepreneurship, and talent search.
Therefore, to immigrate to this country and work in England, you must first obtain a work visa that suits your conditions. For this reason, in this section, we introduce different types of British work visas separately:
Short-term work visa for England
Short-term work visas are those visas that are valid for only 6 months to one year and can be extended. Considering this issue, if you have a temporary job in this country, it is better to use this visa. It is interesting to know that this type of UK work visa is divided into different types, including the following:
- Charity worker visa: for voluntary work in charity organizations without receiving a salary
- Creative Worker visa: for employment in creative industries such as acting, dancing, music, etc
- Religious Worker Visa: Special for doing religious work
- Authorized government exchange visa: for training or gaining experience
- Seasonal Worker visa: for jobs such as driving heavy machinery, picking fruits, and working in fields
- International agreement visa: for jobs related to international agreements and working for a foreign government
- Visa for graduate studies: for people seeking work after graduation in England
- The UK work visa the type of youth mobility scheme: is for people aged 118 to 30 years who meet the necessary conditions, including savings of about 2530 pounds.
Long-term work visa for England
Another type of work visa in this country, which has more fans and uses, is the long-term work visa. Since the validity of these visas is about two to five years, they are called long-term. It is interesting to know that it is more possible to obtain permanent residence in England through these visas.
There are different types of long-term and short-term visas, including the following:
- Visa for skilled workers: It is for skilled and experienced workers who have the minimum conditions and points required to get a UK visa.
- Visa for specialists or senior workers: This visa is given to those who are employees of foreign companies and want to continue working in UK branches.
- Visa for doctors and health workers: This visa is for specialist doctors working in NHC.
- Visa for religious missionaries or executive members of religious organizations: This UK work visa is given to those who want to work in a religious organization in England in positions and senior officials.
- Business visa for establishing an agency abroad: This visa is for owners of exclusive agencies of some foreign businesses who want to establish a branch of their business in England.
- International visa for athletes: This visa is given to athletes or coaches active in sports fields who are elite and qualified.
Entrepreneurship visa, finding talent, and starting a business in England
Entrepreneurship and innovation visas, business creation, and talent search are the third category of UK work visas that have attracted the attention of many people outside this country. Of course, it goes without saying that in this country, no general visa is granted to freelancers or founders of their own businesses in England, and this visa is only for the following two categories:
- UK startup visa: This UK work visa is given to those who have a special idea to start a new business. so that this idea is different from everything that exists in this country.
- World Talent Visa: This visa is for those who are recognized as advanced individuals in the university or artistic, research, digital technology, or cultural fields.
The conditions for obtaining various types of UK work visas
Now that you are familiar with the types of work visas in this country, you should know that each of these visas has special conditions. It is better to apply for a visa according to your conditions. Therefore, in this section, to help you, we describe the conditions for obtaining all three types of UK work visas:
Conditions for obtaining a short-term work visa
First of all, note that since there are different types of short-term visas, the conditions for obtaining each may be different. For this reason, we mention here the most general and important conditions of all types of short-term British work visas:
- The most important condition for receiving short-term work visas in the UK is to have a job offer from an organization in this country.
- Another condition for receiving some short-term work visas in this country is to have at least 1270 pounds in savings.
- Some UK short-term work visas are only granted to people over the age of 18.
- To get some types of short-term UK work visas that give you access to healthcare for free, you have to pay an additional fee of around £624 a year.
- Check out the Different Conditions of Studying in Canada and the United States
Conditions for obtaining a long-term work visa
If you want to work in the UK long-term, i.e. more than one year, you need to get a long-term work visa. In this regard, you should know that the British government has a special policy for providing this visa under the scoring system.As the conditions of the people who apply for this visa are measured by the scoring system. According to this law, those who get 70 points are eligible to get this UK work visa.
The conditions for receiving this visa along with their points are:
- Receive a job offer from a licensed organization in the UK: 20 points
- Having a job at the skill level of a college diploma or higher: 20 points
- Having sufficient English language skills: 10 points
- Having a job that has a shortage of skilled workers in England: 20 points
- Earning £256,000 a year: 20 points
- Having a salary of £23,040 to £25,599: 10 points
- Having a doctoral degree related to the job position: 10 points.
Note that getting the points of the first three points is necessary to get this long-term UK work visa, and to get the remaining 20 points, it is enough to have one or two of the other conditions. In addition, you should have around £1,270 in savings.
Conditions for obtaining an entrepreneurial visa, creating a business, and finding talent
If you are one of those people who are planning to get a startup or global talent visa in England, you should know that the conditions for obtaining these visas are:
- Only people over the age of 18 can get this type of UK work visa;
- To receive these visas, you must have approval from a valid certifying organization;
- To obtain a global talent visa, if you have a global award in your field, there is no need to obtain approval;
- Among the other requirements for obtaining these visas, it should be mentioned that you have sufficient English language skills;
- Another special condition for obtaining a startup visa is to have savings of around £1,270.
- To start a new business, you need to have an additional capital of about 50,000 pounds.
Procedures for Obtaining a work visa in England
Another important point that you should know about UK work visas is that obtaining these visas has steps like other administrative matters. So that if you are not familiar enough with these steps, you may have problems and even your application may not be accepted in the end.
The most basic step to apply for any UK work visa is to visit the visa application centers near your home or apply online. To apply online, it is enough to go to the UK visa site and complete the form.
If you visit the visa application centers, all the steps of your application will be done by the personnel and you will not have any worries. In the next step, you must prepare the necessary documents for the visa application and present them to the personnel.
Be careful that the documents required to apply for different types of UK work visas are different and we will mention them in detail below. Another point is that your documents must be translated and scanned along with their originals on the visa application site.
This document scan must be done online in the UK immigration application in order to receive your Biometric Action Permit or BRP. Among the other points related to the steps of obtaining a work visa in England, we should mention the payment of the relevant fees, which are different for each visa, as with the documents, and we will explain this further.
Finally, after registering the application, scanning the documents, and paying the fees, the result of your application will be determined in about eight weeks. So that if your application is accepted to receive the desired work visa, you should apply for immigrating to England immediately.
Documents required to obtain a UK work visa
Since one of the most important steps in obtaining a UK work visa is the submission of necessary documents, you should know what documents are required for your desired visa. For this reason, in this section, we separately mention the necessary documents to receive each type of work visa:
Documents required to obtain a short-term work visa
Among the documents that must be prepared and scanned to obtain a short-term work visa in England, the following can be mentioned:
- The number of the center that supported you or offered you a job;
- Valid photo ID;
- Documents showing the amount of your savings, including bank statements, etc.;
- Tuberculosis test if applying for a visa from certain countries
- Providing biometric information or self-identification in full
- Providing documents that are part of the conditions for receiving your desired visa, including documents showing your proficiency in English, etc.
The mentioned documents are general documents for obtaining short-term visas, and you may need other documents to obtain any of these types of UK work visas. Therefore, according to the type of UK work visa you intend to receive, get more detailed information about its documents.
Documents required to obtain a long-term work visa
Among the documents that you must provide to apply for various types of long-term British work visas, the following can be mentioned:
- The number of the center that sponsored you or sent you a job offer in the UK;
- Provide adequate information about your employer;
- Valid photo ID;
- Providing sufficient documents to prove your proficiency in English;
- mentioning the job title and code;
- mention the amount of salary received from your job;
- providing documents about the amount of your savings;
- Providing TB test results if required;
- providing your personal and biometric information;
- Providing a certificate showing the absence of a criminal record for working in some jobs, especially.
In addition to these cases, it is likely that you will have to provide other documents to receive any type of long-term UK work visa. For this reason, it is recommended to get enough information in this field before proceeding to register a request.
Necessary documents for obtaining an entrepreneurial visa, creating a business, and finding talent
The documents you need to provide to get this category of British work visas are somewhat different from short-term and long-term work visas. As these documents include the following:
- providing all identification and biometric documents;
- provide a valid photo ID;
- Providing documents to prove the amount of your savings to get a UK work visa;
- Providing documents to prove the amount of capital to invest and create a new business;
- providing documents to prove your level of proficiency in English;
- Provide TB test results if needed.
The cost of obtaining UK work visas
The cost that you have to pay for applying for and receiving a work visa in England is another important point that it is recommended not to take any action without knowing it. Because until you have enough funds to pay these expenses, it will not be possible to accept your application and immigrate to England for work.
In this regard, you should know that the amount of money you have to pay to apply for a UK work visa will decrease or increase every year under the influence of various factors. Among these factors, the following should be mentioned:
- market fluctuations and prices in the country of origin and destination;
- Selected visa type;
- The center you go to for your visa application;
- and many other things.
Considering this issue, it can be said that a fixed amount cannot be proposed for the cost of obtaining a work visa in this country and it is constantly changing. However, in order to help you, we will briefly describe the cost of obtaining UK work visas.
But be careful to obtain detailed and sufficient information regarding this issue again at the time of application.
The cost of obtaining a UK short-term work visa
In 2022, to get this model of UK work visa, about 259 pounds must be paid. In addition, you have to pay an amount to receive healthcare and medical services. But you should know that to get a post-graduate visa, you have to pay more and equal to 715 pounds.
Another cost of obtaining a UK short-term work visa is the fee that must be paid to send biometric information to the BRP. It costs around £20.
The cost of obtaining a long-term UK work visa
The cost of paying for various types of long-term work visas in the UK is completely different depending on the type of visa you are applying for. So that not only the job for which you travel to this country and the duration of your migration will increase or decrease these costs.
In this regard, you should know that the price of obtaining this UK work visa starts from 464 and increases to about 1418 pounds. For example, the cheapest UK work visa is the healthcare and medical visa. So, to get this visa, you have to pay only about 232 to 464 pounds.
Also, if the visa duration for international elite athletes and coaches is one year or less, it costs only £244. In addition, to receive any type of long-term work visa in this country, you must pay other fees, including the following:
- £20 for sending your information to BRP;
- About £624 a year for health and medical services in England.
The cost of obtaining an entrepreneurial visa, creating a new business, and global talent
The fees you have to pay to get these visas are different from each other. For example, to get an innovation and entrepreneurship visa, you have to pay about 1021 pounds. While the cost of obtaining a UK work visa for a new business is only £363.
In addition, if you are looking to get a Global Talent visa, you need to have £608 in funds to pay for it. In addition to these costs, the payment of 624 pounds is required to receive health and medical services and care
Since nowadays everyone is looking for good job positions with decent incomes, in this article we tried to explain everything you need to know about the UK work visa. Because by using this visa, you will be able to work in England and earn dollars.
In this regard, it was said that this country has different work visas, including short-term, long-term, startup, and global talent. As you want to work in this country based on your conditions, education, abilities, and time period; You must apply to receive one.
In this regard, you got acquainted with the conditions of obtaining these types of visas, the steps to be followed, and the documents required to obtain them. You also know that the costs required to obtain a UK work visa vary based on the type of visa and various factors.